The objective of the club shall be:
- Promotion of interest in amateur radio communication and experimentation
- The relaying of messages by radio without charge
- Provide emergency and community service communications
- Advancement of the radio art
- The maintenance of fraternalism and a high starndard of conduct among club members
- The promotion of other activities similar to those named
URGENT MEETING CHANGE
Looking for a friendly net? Each evening at 2000 several of us gather on 146.460 simplex for discussions on matters that interest us. Please join us!!!
Neil Weber (KM4NWH) had an outstanding presentation on his Hexbeam Antenna installation. Below are two pictures of Neil during the installation.
A Trailer For The Club?
Yes!!! Dave Stevens, (WB4DES) on behalf of our club, is seeking a grant that would fund a trailer for our club. The purpose of the trailer is to promote education and skills associated with Amateur Radio along with providing communication for emergency services. Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.
On the odd months of the year, prior to the normally scheduled club meeting, the club offers testing for Amateur Radio Licenses. The tests will be administered at 5:00 p.m. at the Eastman Toy F. Reid Recreation Center located at 400 S. Wilcox Dr., Kingsport, TN. If you are interested in taking an exam, please contact Tom Price, KI4CVU, at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (423) 429-1500. If you are testing for Technician Class, you must apply for an FRN (Federal Registration Number) first at email@example.com All applicants MUST Pre-Register with Tom prior to the day you would like to take an exam. See menu tab for additional details.
What Is Amateur Radio?
Our Club Affiliations