The objective of the club shall be:
- Promotion of interest in amateur radio communication and experimentation
- The relaying of messages by radio without charge
- Provide emergency and community service communications
- Advancement of the radio art
- The maintenance of fraternalism and a high starndard of conduct among club members
- The promotion of other activities similar to those named
Another Grand Time was experienced by our club at the KARC/BMRC 2019 Picnic. We had lots of delicious food, well over 40 folks attended and interesting discussions were had by all. Members and their families talked about everything from where they got married to where their next vacation is going to be. Always a good time to learn new things about each other!!!
A Letter From Ken, Making 146.970 The Friendliest Repeater In Town
Meet Ken Klotz
On the odd months of the year, prior to the normally scheduled club meeting, the club offers testing for Amateur Radio Licenses. The tests will be administered at 5:00 p.m. at the Eastman Toy F. Reid Recreation Center located at 400 S. Wilcox Dr., Kingsport, TN. If you are interested in taking an exam, please contact Tom Price, KI4CVU, at email@example.com or phone (423) 429-1500. If you are testing for Technician Class, you must apply for an FRN (Federal Registration Number) first at firstname.lastname@example.org All applicants MUST Pre-Register with Tom prior to the day you would like to take an exam. See menu tab for additional details.